Wednesday, August 10, 2011

French Fries, Beer, Darling... OH MY

Hmm... so we're allowed to stray off the path a bit, right?

I had two diet cokes at lunch, french fries at dinner (damn you Three Lions Pub), and 3 too many beers (double damn you Three Lions Pub)!  Not exactly the way to a successful triathlon.

I feel like I cheated.  That's what.  And the worst part - I swam for an hour at the gym before all of this.  But wait - does that mean it all just cancels out??

hmm. maybe.

Then to add to the bad diet of today - I watched all night as results came in for the recall elections.  Talk about stress... to top it off, it comes down to Pasch and Darling... MY district.   Sure enough - it looks as though Darling will win.

Major disappointment.

My friends and family that are state workers and teachers are dealing with major cuts... It's upsetting to me to see the stress that they have to deal with.  On top of that - The party in control doesn't believe I'm an equal citizen and that I deserve the same right as everyone else...

How is this possible???

Not to toot my own horn - but I am a pretty dang normal citizen.  There's nothing outrageous about me.  I just long to be a part - and yet I am constantly pushed aside into some "minority" thanks to the political leaders of this State.

I had really hoped for some sort of light after today's recall elections... instead I'm feeling even more defeat.

I hate politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment