Monday, November 14, 2011

Tkozy Simpson




So, as of late I haven't really been myself.  Well - I guess a more accurate way to say that would be that I've been more of my negative unhealthy self.  I've been tired, anxious, angry, anti-social and pretty much unpleasant.

Well - I need to change and get back on track before I end up alone, lonely and like our good friend Homer Simpson above.

Just two months ago I finished my first triathlon!  I was feeling great physically and mentally.  I was so proud of my accomplishment and you know what I did the next day?  I stopped all exercise and activity.  My reward - a mini-break.  tsk. tsk. tsk.  Bad move tkozy.  Bad move.  Close friends tried to get me back on track - but I just ignored them outright.  

I spiraled down into the oblivion - unemployed and closing myself off from those I care about most.  I was inactive... eating whatever I wanted (even some meat!  GASP!) or just simply not eating when I should.  Caffeine during the day, alcohol at night... fried food here and there.  No veggies or fruits.  I also started living in my head.  My head can be a very skewed, scary place.  

hm - and I wonder why I've been a bit of a monster.  




Well, yesterday I got back on track with the help of Trader Joes.  I stocked up on some fruit, yogurt, healthy snacks and veggies... all fuel to get back in top tkozy shape.  I too often take for granted how important my diet is.  I even so far as refuse to recognize that what I am eating during the day is affecting my mood directly. 

So - today begins operation Back on Track.  Quite frankly - a healthly Tkozy is a happy Tkozy - and I can't deny it!







No comments:

Post a Comment